I know everyone has a million things going in preparation for the upcoming holiday break – I know I am trying to get through end of year items for the office, writing assignments for myself and the other miscellaneous tasks before heading off to Seattle next week. I’ve been making lists and checking them twice but they aren’t the naughty or nice kind – just chores upon chores. Luckily we have some fun things coming up that make the extra effort worthwhile. Three office parties next week
In the spirit of Christmas I figured I would share an easy treat for all those moms who want to bring something in to the classroom parties, office parties and other get-togethers we all have lined up over the next two weeks. This recipe is very easy and very quick which is just about perfect given that you probably have enough baking, shopping, wrapping – to do as it is.
10 min Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 5-8 min Serves: 2 dozen mini cookies
- Gingerbread Cookie Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- ¼ Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Chobani Greek Yogurt, 0% Plain
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half hour **This makes the dough easier to work with but you can skip this step by adding in 2 Tbsp plain flour.
- Roll out dough and cut out in your shapes. I used mini gingerbread men, stars and snowmen. You can do anything you want J
- Bake on 375 for 5-8 min, checking frequently. The smaller your cut outs the quicker the bake time.
**Yes, my gingerbread men are seen in the snow here. I actually had a lovely time baking with the fire ablaze, the snow falling outside and the Christmas lights twinkling on the tree. I am unapologetically a sap for holiday magic like that.