If you guessed that breakfast today would have something to do with cranberry you are correct! I had just about ½ cup of cranberry sauce (pre BBQ sauce) left over from dinner and decided that I wanted something good to go with it this morning. These little Gerber baby food containers are a great way to store tiny leftovers. I’m not even a big fan of premade baby food but I love the containers so much. It was the perfect size for my leftover cranberries and I even ended up putting my leftover toasted oats in two of these little guys.
I thought about doing oatmeal but I just wanted something a little more crunchy than that. However, I’m not a big put-granola-on-or-in-everything kind of person because that’s a little too crunchy. Instead I decided to toast up some Quaker Oats and top my cranberry sauce that way.
Toasted Oats with Cranberry
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 2 min Serves: Makes Two ¼ Cup servings
- ½ Cup Cranberry Sauce
- ½ Cup Quaker Oats (not instant)
- 1/8 Cup Brown Sugar
- Dab of Butter
- Dash of Cinnamon
- In a skillet, combine oats, butter and brown sugar.
- Heat over medium heat for about 90 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and heat an additional 30 seconds or until crispy golden.
- Be careful not to heat to hot or for too long.
- Serve atop cranberry sauce.
I have to give props to Quaker Oats for suggesting the use of cinnamon on my oats via twitter yesterday – it was delish!
I’m back to physical therapy this morning and have some specific stretches and exercises I’m supposed to do both before my appointment and during. I’ve been cleared to go swimming and do some light yoga but I have been recommended not to go running any time soon. It’s a bummer. But I’m looking for a good, local yoga class – gotta look on the bright side!
*** Be sure to enter my Valentine’s Giveaway**** *Giveaway is now closed*
The big reveal – what’s in the giveaway?!
- 1 lb Starbucks Blonde Roast – Willow
- A Tasting Kit from TastingRoom.Com – your choice of white or red wines – will be shipped separately due to Utah legislation
- Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Squares with Raspberry
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Wash
- Bath and Body Works – Pink Tulip Candle
Everything perfect for a romantic night in!
Make sure you get your entry in by FRIDAY - share, share, share the Facebook link and spread the love! *Giveaway is closed at this time*