A Soup for Kari
We made it to Friday!
Kari was the winner of the Chobani Challenge and this is her recipe as requested
Here it is!
Anaheim Pepper Creamy Potato Soup
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves: 2-3 (can be easily doubled)
- 1 Cup Chobani 0% Plain
- 2 Cans Diced New Potatoes, drained
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup of Onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim Pepper, chopped
- ½ lb bacon, cut into cubes while still raw
- 1 Cup of Corn
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper to Taste
- In a food processor combine the Chobani and one can of potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a skillet combine the garlic, onion, Anaheim pepper, bacon, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Cook over medium heat until bacon begins to crisp.
- In a medium kettle combine the potato cream mixture, bacon mixture, the additional can of potatoes, and milk. Cook over low/medium heat, stirring frequently.
In addition to having her recipe made, she was also sent some yogurt from Chobani and a recipe kit from me – all to get her set up in a Chobani Kitchen of her own. I happen to know that Kari bakes a lot and I really hope she has fun using the yogurt in some of her baking projects!
Thanks Kari! And thanks again to Chobani for supporting this challenge.
**Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post – However, Chobani is providing the yogurt in the prize package. My opinions are entirely my own – I freaking love Chobani!
Now let’s get this last work day over with and let the weekend begin. I know lots of people might have today off or will be getting off early today but I’m putting in a full day. Tonight though Nick and I are taking his parents up to Park City for “Night School” with Fox School of Wine. Tonight’s class: “The Easter Bunny’s Favorites.” It’s bound to be a fun night!
Have a great weekend!
Make sure you get entered for the Lemon Poppy Giveaway. Winner will be chosen on Monday.