I have good news for you guys! Ali from Lemon Poppy has given me permission to share her recipe with ya’ll!
This is the pasta salad I mentioned we had with our wine and cheese pairing. So here goes:
Oriental Chicken Salad – via Lemon Poppy “When Life Gives You Friends…” Cookbook
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12 oz package bowtie pasta
- Boil chicken and shred. Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine chicken and pasta in a bowl and set aside.
- ½ Cup Oil
- 4 T. Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 T. Sugar
- ½ t. Pepper
- 1 t. salt
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and mix until well combined.
- Pour half of the dressing over chicken and pasta to marinate overnight, save the other half for the salad dressing. Tip: You can put the chicken and pasta in a large freezer bag to marinate.
- 1 pkg Spinach (4-5 cups)
- ½ Cup Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into slices
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Before serving, toss spinach with marinated chicken and pasta. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and pour on remaining dressing. Add other half of dressing to desired taste.
Here’s the picture from the cookbook:
And here’s how ours turned out:
(She clearly has the better photo skills)
What’s in it for you?!!!
Ali offered to give away a copy of this same cookbook to one of The Family Practice’s readers! All you have to do is comment below and you’ll be entered to win. Tweet about it for an extra entry using @fampracticeblog
Good luck to ya! I’ll be picking a winner on Wednesday, April 11th* - thanks again to Ali for offering to do this!
* I extended the time a bit after I realized it was a holiday weekend…
**Disclaimer: I’m not being paid for this post. Ali is sending me a copy of one of her cookbooks. The opinions I share are my own – as always