Good morning! I have a boatload of fun things for this morning so go top off your coffee cup and get ready to settle in for some fun!
First up, a super easy weeknight dinner.
Stuffed Pesto Chicken
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35-45 min at 400 Serves: 4 (to divide or double: use one chicken breast per serving; seasoning packet will make up to 8 chicken breasts)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Packet Pesto Seasoning (I used Knorr)
- 1 Cup Cheese (such as Mexican Blend, Mozzarella, or Colby Jack)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Slice chicken breasts in half, without cutting all the way through. See photos below.
- Cover the chicken in this order: sprinkle with pesto seasoning, add a quick splash of olive oil, top with a bit of cheese and then salt and pepper to your preference.
- Fold the breast bake over and place in baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for twenty minutes at 400 degrees.
- Uncover and bake until thoroughly cooked.
I served ours with a side of corn and mashed potatoes. Mack decided to add pesto seasoning to the potatoes – which was a really good idea and made the mashed ‘taters so yummy!
See how easy that was??!! I love, love, love this recipe and hope you do too! And yes, that is a monkey plate – this was Mack’s serving
Next up is a really fun new workout. If you liked the “little bit of everything” workout I posted last week, you’ll love this one which is built on the same concept but is set up in a pyramid and will put you through an entire workout rather than a quick cardio burst. The best part: you don’t need a single thing other than yourself!
*Just in case: sun salutation= plank-cobra-cat-cow-cobra-plank-downward dog.
Finally, I wanted to share my latest obsession with y’all. I signed up for BIRCHBOX about a month ago and received my first box in the mail last week. If you haven’t heard of Birchbox, it is a subscription for a monthly goodie box of samples including hair stuff, makeup, skincare and all things girly. It’s only $10 a month and I thought it would be a great way to try out new products and find things that work well for me.
I’ve always had crappy skin and am constantly on the search for products that help clear my skin, aren’t oily and aren’t too complicated. I’m a natural faced kind of girl – even though I wear makeup each day it is very minimal and I do the same ol’ thing day in and day out. I thought Birchbox would be a great opportunity to break out of my ruts without spending a fortune or ending up with a bunch of full sized things that don’t really work well for me.
I had heard mixed reviews regarding Birchbox and wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. Since I was on the fence about it, I figure others of you might be as well and want to take the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions here. Please keep in mind that I am NOT PAID to say any of these things, that what works for me might not necessarily work for you and that each person has their own tastes and preferences.
Here’s what was included and the description directly from the folks at Birchbox:
- Arquiste | L’Etrog. Warm notes of citron, palm leaves, and myrtle combine in this transporting scent, inspired by the aromas of a medieval harvest festival in Calabria, Italy.
- beautyblender | blender cleanser. Keep your makeup sponges and brushes clean in prime condition with this soy-based formula, which removes built-up bacteria and oil.
- Color Club | Nail Polish in Disco Nap. Give nails a gilded look with this luxe metallic polish.
- Dr. Jart | Waterfuse BB Cream. Think of this four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin perfecting tint as the (extremely stylish) Swiss Army Knife of your beauty lineup.
- twistband | Skinny Headband. Keep your hair perfectly in place with these colorful elastic headbands.
- BIRCHBOX EXTRA. Notecards. Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationery.
Along with all of the fun stuff, Birchbox sent out a great newsletter with tips and tricks for using these products in fun and unique ways which I thought was really ingenious. I loved all the nail designs they sent and I love that they make it a big community of girlfriends. Following @birchbox on twitter I was able to chat with folks that received the same products, hear their thoughts, comparisons etc. The whole thing is just really fun.
My favorite thing is the Waterfuse BB Cream. It is basically tinted sunscreen that isn’t oily, has the perfect amount of coverage to provide a clear complexion without being thick or too “made up” looking. I absolutely adore this product and have already stashed my foundation away for the rest of summer. Its tinted SPF from here on out, baby!
I also love the twist band which is tight enough to stay on but not so tight that I feel my brain my ooze out of my ears. I don’t think it would be a great choice for yoga or running but it adds a nice pop of color to a pony tail or when I have my hair down and want a little “something.”
The nail polish is really fun but I’m not a big fan of gold – if it was more silver, I’d be sold.
The perfume was nice but I thought it smelled a little “older” than what I usually go for. Still, I wore it out on a date with Nick who said he thought it was nice. Maybe that just means he has a thing for older women Just kidding! Maybe…
The last two items, the brush cleanser and the notecards just weren’t my thing. The cleanser was fine and I even tried using it on my brushes – it does everything it says and it has a nice smell. My only thing is that it costs $17.95. I currently clean my brushes with Johnson’s baby shampoo which costs about three bucks and it works just as well. Baby shampoo for the win!
So, the question…is the membership worth it? Totally! I figure that the ten bucks is definitely worth getting something fun in the mail, getting to try out new things AND if I can manage to find something I love as much as that tinted SPF each month – well that’d be freaking awesome!
What about you, are you BIRCHBOX members? Have you thought about joining?
I do have to say that if you follow this link and join the Birchbox love, I do get credit for the referral. But let’s be real, you wanted to sign up anyway!
And next month we can discuss our fun things together!